- forgive those who have trespassed against us: to keep being offended by others’ fault creates burdens in ourselves, we’d never have peace… And Jesus made it so clear in the Lord’s Prayer that in order to be forgiven by God, WE too need to forgive others… After all, we all know that it’s hard to resist temptations… I like the quote that Fr. Ching quoted, it was by Bishop Fulton Sheen, (paraphrased) "The difference between them (convicted criminals) and I is that they got caught". We have to remember, we’re no better than any other sinners…
- to accept God’s forgiveness: we have to understand that even though we’re unworthy of God’s forgiveness, but He loves us and forgives us ANYWAY…Back to that idea of we often think we have to DO something in order to be forgiven, but in fact, forgiveness is actually free!! (guess we just think it’s too good to be true…)
- avoid sins (and occasions of sins) and confess often: once we get ourselves filthy, we get into a habit and we become numb with committing new sins (正所謂"一件污﹐兩件穢")… It’s important that we don’t get ourselves into occasions of sins (example being not going to a pub if we don’t want to get drunk)… we should also come to appreciate the gift of reconciliation (if we feel embarrassed of telling the priest of our sins, guess that becomes one of the motivations for us to NOT commit that same thing again)
- worldly attachments: this is one of the things that I have the most 共鳴 (I’m sure everyone in the group would feel the same). We just have too many 身外物 that we rely on… It’s as if we’d die without internet, die without TVB series, die without hocc news (my newest addiction since last Jan), die without MSN (as I just proved last week in my new workplace)… Even little things like these… They seem so hard to be taken away, and they’re NOT essential at all! These are not sinful things, but they’ve taken MOST IF NOT ALL of our time… SIGH! I wouldn’t spend just a quiet moment with God because of all those mo liu things… God, help me ar!
Fr. Ching is just amazing~ Not just his talks… but the fact that he, as a former WCCCer, comes back as a speaker this time… It’s just so cool! His guitars, his songs, and his piano~ woohoo~
Enough about the speaker… (actually all messages come from GOD!!!) I am grateful for being invited as one of the witnesses… The process of preparing what to say forced me to reflect on how I became the person I am today… And I couldn’t thank God enough, how could I be transformed SO drastically? It’s just beyond imagination (like the me from 10 years ago, could never imagine I am who I am today). And the burden/pressure from being a 廢 witness really affected me (appetite being the best indicator always) was lifted during Taize! I realize that anything I was going to say couldn’t be 廢, as long as I tell what really was done in me by God’s hands! In fact, during each year’s Taize @ WCCC, being in the same retreat house where I first attended the first WCCC retreat, the fact that I got called back to God would cause tears to come out from my eyes … That’s already a miracle~
The group that I was with is AWESOME! We’re the fruits group, there’s Lai Chi (Queenie) being the leader, with banana (Domingos), lemon (Jonathan), kiwi (Julia), durian (Kenneth) and me the mango. We had a lot of fun thinking about the moves for Children of the Light and the stupid cartoon skit… They were pretty open with sharing too… I only learned that Queenie got baptized like 2 or 3 years ago… Truly, if we’re open to experience, God talks to us in so many ways in our everyday life~
Some other miscellaneous stuff:
- the t-shirt designed by Maria is so nice and how it magially fits the theme of this retreat… so true: In Him, we blossom… look forward to the hoodie ar!! I’ll wear it all the time!
- so many guitars this year! I wish my skills will be good enough for me to play in front of so many people in the future!
- having to take DV made me realize I don’t really know how to use John’s ging pro tripod
- there’s no place like WCCC for me… even though I’m sorta an old cake now, joining the retreat with so many new faces, I feel no 隔膜 at all… I couldn’t imagine how my life @ loo would be like if there’s no WCCC!!
Thank God for giving all of us such a grace-filled weekend! WCCC is truly a blessing, may God continue to bless this group, so it could continue to blossom