- A $.50 condom is certainly cheaper than $2500 for an abortion, or $1,000,000 to raise a child in a modern country… RA, please stop being stupid. Your assault on religious dogma is commendable, amusing, and sharp. Your assault on abortion is ridiculous, absurd, and pointless. Drop it. We like hearing about religious nutballs doing stupid things. We don’t like this nonsensical, illogical "morality" because it sounds just like what the religious nutballs believe.
- You may or may not have seen the recent Nova special on James Watson, the co-discoverer of the structure of DNA. In it his views on abortion and genetic engineering are laid bare. He is all for both. He advocates abortion when the child is going to be born with a disadvantage, going so far as to advocate aborting children with Down’s Syndrome (a position with which I agree 100%). Why? Because they are a net negative when it comes to contributing to human society.
- please tell us how "abortion makes women a victim as well as the child?" You mean adult women aren’t responsible for the decision they make to kill a child? Why not? How do they become "a victim" by choosing to kill an innocent little child? And if a mother who kills her precious little baby in the womb is a victim, why isn’t a mother who kills her five year old a victim too, or is she?
Of course, I feel sad when I see how people bash the Church like that, and how they value life this way… Without looking at this, it’s very hard for me to see how they view the issue:
- life begins at conception? (they find it absurd.. which I find very absurd) where to draw the line? if a ferilized egg is a life, are the sperms sacred as well?
- a zygote (they prefer scientific term like that, probably because that sounds more non-human) unwanted is better off killed
- raising kid(s) under bad economic condition is silly and only do evil to this world by creating a vicious cycle, and the world is already overpopulated
- pro-lifers are self-righteous, since they try imposing their thoughts on women who want to abort, they leave the women in guilt
- how could abortion hurt women?
Lord, help us not despair… This is precisely why I feel called to this cause.